:( she is in OKC) and when I read it I feel like it's her talking!!! You should check it out because it's so cute and funny!
If I didn't already love food and cooking ( and i do ) I'm sure it will become even more of a love these next couple months. Here is THE BEST Chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.I never could find a recipe I loved. This one is great because it has brown sugar... Make them, they are delicious!!!
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt [ I only use 1/4 tsp.]
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional) [ I don't use these]
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
movie/bookI went with two of my friends Thursday night to go see THE HELP. If you haven't gone to see it or read the book, DO IT!! I just recently read the book and it is amazing. Usually I don't like the movie as much as I like the book, BUT in this case they were equally wonderful. I might just have to go see it again :)